Deforested sentence example
- The Alps and Pyrenees are in large part deforested, but reafforestation with a view to minimizing the effects of avalanches and sudden floods is continually in progress.
- Under de Quincey's administration the islands prospered; the cultivation of cotton and coffee was then begun, much of the land being deforested for this purpose - a deforestation practically completed when vanilla was introduced.
- In the Washoe Mountains, as in the rest of the Sierra Nevada range, there is a heavy growth of conifers, extending down to the very valleys; but in many places these mountains have been almost deforested to provide timbers for the mines.
- VEGETATION The region was originally a vast forest refuge for innumerable species, largely deforested during the 20 th century.
- Vast tracts of the country have been, however, deforested by fire, and these are covered by the tall ineradicable grass, Imperata arundinacea.Advertisement
- deforested mountain slopes which killed more than 1,500 people.
- The team monitored the exchange of genes in three small, remnant groups of ash in the heavily deforested Carrifran valley near Moffat.
- The scheme will therefore include checks to ensure that fuels from recently deforested land are not purchased.
- deforested land where some conifers had been planted.
- The forests of the Alban hills and near the coast produce much charcoal and light timber, while the Sabine and Volscian hills have been largely deforested and are now bare limestone rocks.Advertisement
- The railroad will no longer go through the Maputo elephant reserve, but around it, in an area that is already deforested.
- deforested area is on your left, the forest is on your right.
- deforested hill into the rainforest to see him released.
- deforested glens of the Scottish Highlands.
- deforested hillside between Mae Sot and Umphang on the 24/3/92.Advertisement