Definite-article sentence example
- The principal towns are Scutari (Albanian Shkoder, with the definite article Shkodr-a), the capital of the vilayet of that name, pop. 32,000; Prizren, 30,000; Iannina (often incorrectly written Ioannina), capital of the southern vilayet, 22,000; Jakova, 12,000; Dibra, 15,000; Prishtina, 11,000; Ipek (Sla y.
- The definite article is usually prefixed to the name in Hebrew.
- the entire absence of a prefixed definite article.
- i.: if " the feast " is read, a choice remains between Passover and Tabernacles (the definite article would not be very definite after all); if the more probable " a feast," the greater feasts are presumably excluded, but a choice remains between, at any rate, Pentecost (May), Trumpets (September), Dedication (December) and Purim (February).
- Accidence.-Welsh has a definite article yr, " the," which becomes r after a vowel, and y before a consonant unless already reduced to r.Advertisement
- 1 In Swedish the definite article (masc. and fem.
- The change in the use of particles and the comparative rarity of the definite article form, together with the startling divergence in vocabulary, the chief ground of our perplexity" (Church Quarterly Review, 1903, pp. 428 seq.).
- Notice that Paul calls it " the truth " - there is a definite article that makes this emphatic.
- Make sure that the definite article le/la as well as the adjective being used, agrees with the noun being described.
- Likewise, the definite article le/la, as well as the adjective, must agree in gender and number with the noun being described.Advertisement