Defiling sentence example
- At midday the Russian baggage train, the artillery, and columns of troops were defiling through the town of Enns on both sides of the bridge.
- too holy, or - what among Semites and others was the same thing - too defiling and unclean, to be eaten.
- defileny were not willing to eat defiling food, they were to be broken on the wheel and killed.
- On the other hand, since the isolation of the sacred, even when originally conceived in the interest of the profane, may be interpreted as self-protection on the part of the sacred as against defiling contact, taboo takes on the connotation of ascetic virtue, purity, devotion, dignity and blessedness.
- Nations come and go without defiling it.Advertisement
- Skippy's up there defiling Sarah and I'm the pig.
- The worst sacrilege of all, defiling the Host, is mentioned frequently, and generally brought the death penalty accompanied by the cruellest and most ignominious tortures.
- As the Frankish forces were defiling through the passes of the Pyrenees they were attacked by the Wascones (probably Basques), and the rearguard of the army was almost annihilated.