Defections sentence example
- Peirce (1673-1726) of Exeter, was to leave dissenting congregations to determine their own orthodoxy; the General Baptists had already (1700) condoned defections from the common doctrine.
- From Pennsylvania the sect spread chiefly westward, and, after various vicissitudes, caused by defections and divisions due to doctrinal differences, in 1908 were most numerous in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas and North Dakota.
- The effect of the congress and of this propaganda was to hasten the disintegration in the Austro-Hungarian army, and the High Command (in a communiqué of July 27) admitted that wholesale defections of the Czechoslovaks and the Yugosla y s had.
- The English or anglicized element in Scotland was never subjugated by England, save during the few years of the Cromwellian Commonwealth, and was supported (with occasional defections, and troubles caused by dynastic Celtic risings) by the Celtic element in the kingdom during the long struggle for national independence.
- Lord Cranborne, Lord Carnarvon and General Peel, refused to be parties to the measure, and resigned office, the government being necessarily weakened by these defections.Advertisement
- He had to experience the repeated defections of Fred,erick II.
- Now, if it be asked, Why the Lord suffers defections among his professed disciples?
- The CIA has a program aimed at encouraging such defections.
- defections of key consortium members and eventually... Article continues below... ran out of cash just before Christmas.
- defections from the Iraqi army.Advertisement
- infighting between groups, of defections and dissatisfaction over direction.
- The effect of the congress and of this propaganda was to hasten the disintegration in the Austro-Hungarian army, and the High Command (in a communiquÃ© of July 27) admitted that wholesale defections of the Czechoslovaks and the Yugosla y s had.
- Both Mikhail Baryshnikov and Rudolph Nureyev wanted to dance with Balanchine after their defections but were already much too celebrated to comfortably fit into the company.