Defeatist sentence example
- Yet the consultation paper takes a very complacent if not defeatist line on such issues.
- defeatist notion that the socialist ratchet was irreversible.
- defeatist statement.
- In this article I shall argue that to think simply like this would be wrong and rather defeatist.
- And they are in too defeatist a frame of mind to think positively.Advertisement
- In Scotland and Northern Ireland over the last two decades, unionism has become defeatist, defensive and apprehensive about the future.
- During the progress of the campaign he kept away from public affairs, although he assumed a Cassandra-like attitude in all his utterances, and his henchmen in the press were frankly defeatist."
- The result was that the defeatist position adopted in 1938 by the founding congress of the Trotskyist Fourth International lacked political purchase.
- It is far too easy to become defeatist, far too easy to claim that we cannot compete in the Tests that lie ahead.
- defeatist attitude shown in the face of the nationwide report is not good.Advertisement
- defeatist position adopted in 1938 by the founding congress of the Trotskyist Fourth International lacked political purchase.
- defeatist strategic line was wrong.
- defeatist policy.
- We can do something about it, and I can't understand why all the left has become so defeatist.
- This isn't a defeatist attitude in Taurus's world.Advertisement
- Those who advocated a ' revolutionary defeatist ' policy in the Second World War assumed something similar would occur.
- His administration of that department left much to be desired, as he permitted the Socialists to conduct a defeatist propaganda which was largely responsible for Caporetto.