Defeat-the-purpose sentence example
- The scorpion, attacking the genitals of the bull, is sent by Ahriman from the lower world to defeat the purpose of the sacrifice; the dog, springing towards the wound in the bull's side, was venerated by the Persians as the companion of Mithras; the serpent is the symbol of the earth being made fertile by drinking the blood of the sacrificial bull; the raven, towards which Mithras turns his face as if for direction, is the herald of the Sun-god, whose bust is near by, and who has ordered the sacrifice; various plants near the bull, and heads of wheat springing from his tail, symbolize the result of the sacrifice; the cypress is perhaps the tree of immortality.
- Among the measures defeated were the fourth woman's suffrage amendment voted down in Oregon, a single-tax bill and an "open town" bill designed to defeat the purpose of the local option liquor law.
- DT1 06-08-2004, 01:42 Doesn't having those extra fans defeat the purpose of having a quiet PSU?
- DT1 06-08-2004, 01:42 Does n't having those extra fans defeat the purpose of having a quiet PSU?
- You will want to use a good product to control frizz, but be mindful that it isn't also a straightener, as this will defeat the purpose.Advertisement
- Go slowly and be sure to leave space between the streaks, otherwise, you'll end up coloring your entire head and that will defeat the purpose you had in mind.
- They don't breathe, so you will defeat the purpose of keeping comfortable while looking great.
- Eat lots of soup-If you are hungry, you may end up binging and defeat the purpose of the diet!
- Just be sure to watch the calories in the dressing, as these can add up very quickly and defeat the purpose of eating salad.