Defacing sentence example
- defaceed by: Tony Butler | 05 May 2006 at 09:59 AM So defacing a ballot paper is an offense?
- A statute of 1553 made the breaking or defacing of an altar, crucifix or cross in any church, chapel or churchyard punishable with three months' imprisonment on conviction before two justices, the imprisonment to be continued unless the offender entered into surety for good behaviour at quarter sessions.
- He moved his capital northward to Akhetaton (El Amarna) and strove to suppress the worship of Ammon, doing infinite damage to the monuments of Thebes by defacing his name and figure.
- defaceying graffiti to, or otherwise defacing, the property of others.
- This led to the destruction of Al Amarna and the defacing of many monuments and temples where the name of Akenaten was defaced.Advertisement
- Very often he wantonly provoked opposition, as when he shaved off his beard and compelled his chief officials to do likewise, though he well knew that the operation was regarded by the ignorant masses and the pious of all ranks as a sinful defacing of the image of God.
- This is important to remember when making dollar origami because mutilating or defacing U.S. currency is a federal crime.
- As a result, it is not very likely that you will ever see a Libra defacing a famous painting or hoodwinking someone.