Deerhound sentence example
- (d) Dogs which retrieve game that has been wounded by man - the retriever, the deerhound.
- The Scotch deerhound is a larger and heavier variety of the English greyhound, with rough and shaggy hair.
- The Irish wolfhound is now extinct, but appears to have been a powerful race heavier than the deerhound but similar to it in general characters.
- Two of the purest breeds at the present day are the Scottish deerhound and the Dalmatian (spotted carriage-dog), A deerhound after having seven pups to a Dalmatian was put to a dog of her own breed.
- A similar result was obtained with a deerhound first mated with a retriever.Advertisement
- deerhound coursing forms the hub around which the vast majority of the membership derives its annual social activity.
- - Bloodhound, otterhound, foxhound, harrier, beagle, basset hound (smooth and rough), dachshund, greyhound, deerhound, Borzoi, Irish wolfhound, whippet, pointer, setter (English, Irish and black and tan), retriever (flat-coated, curlycoated and Labrador), spaniel (Irish water, water other than Irish, Clumber, Sussex, field, English springer, other than Clumber, Sussex and field: Welsh springer, red and white and Cocker); fox terriers (smoothand wire-coated); Irish terrier, Scotch terrier, Welsh terrier, Dandie Dinmont terrier, Skye terrier (prick-eared and drop-eared), Airedale terrier and Bedlington terrier.
- According to their breed standards, the tallest breeds are the Irish Wolfhound and the Scottish Deerhound.