Decrement sentence example
- If the conductor consists of a coil of wire the ends of which are connected with a suitable galvanometer, the integral electromotive force due to a sudden increase or decrease of the induction through the coil displaces in the circuit a quantity of electricity Q=SBns R, where SB is the increment or decrement of induction per square centimetre, s is the area of the coil, n the number of turns of wire, and R the resistance of the circuit.
- The increment of this area (or the decrement of the negative area E--04) at constant temperature represents the external work obtainable from the substance in isothermal expansion, in the same way that the decrement of the intrinsic energy represents the work done in adiabatic expansion.
- These functions do not, however, represent energy existing in the substance, like the intrinsic energy; but the increment of 90 represents heat supplied to, and the decrement of (E-04) represents work obtainable from, the substance when the temperature is kept constant.
- Lord Kelvin has applied the principles of Thermodynamics to determine the thermal effects of increasing or diminishing the area of the free surface of a liquid, and has shown that in order to keep the temperature constant while the area of the surface increases by unity, an amount of heat must be supplied 275 to the liquid which is dynamically equivalent to the product of the absolute temperature into the decrement of the surface-tension per degree of temperature.
- More importantly, degrading exterior letters produced a greater decrement in performance relative to degrading other letter pairs.Advertisement
- Hodes  found a decrement of the compound muscle action potential amplitude on repetitive stimulation in patients with previous paralytic polio.
- decrement in performance capacity lasting weeks or months.
- BLANDFORD, A. See MAY, BARNARD & BLANDFORD APU 2936 BOURKE, P.A. APU 3050 A general factor in dual task performance decrement.
- Understand the concept of damping and the meaning of damped natural frequency, damping factor and logarithmic decrement.
- Obscuring body and gait produced a small decrement in recognition performance.Advertisement
- Events per women months and single decrement life-table probabilities were extracted for pregnancy, continuation, adverse events and reasons for discontinuation.
- decrement operators can only be applied to variable expressions to which a value can be assigned.
- decrement operation are: Fetch the target variable.
- decrement factor, thereby reducing the swings in heat flow.
- decrement instruction directly above them sets the zero flag anyway!Advertisement
- decrement count once more.
- Sleep length can be reduced one to two hours without performance decrement over an extended period.
- Resolving normally in the trajectory, and supposing the resistance of the air to act tangentially, (18) v(di/dt) =g cos i, where di denotes the infinitesimal decrement of i in the infinitesimal increment of time dt.