Decorative art sentence example
- The wood, of unknown age, found submerged in peat-bogs, and of a black hue, is largely used in decorative art under the name of "bog-oak."
- The remarkable grace of this moun- Fe L tams curvean inverted catenarymakes it one of the most beautiful in the world, and has obtained for it a prominent place in Japanese decorative art.
- It is in the realm of decorative art that the world has chiefly benefited by contact with Japan.
- the same free spirit is the secret of much of the originality and the excellence of the decorative art of Japan.
- C. Haddon, Decorative Art of British New Guinea, Royal Irish Academy (Dublin, 1894); " Studies in Anthropogeography of Br.Advertisement
- Meanwhile he set about building for himself at Upton a house which was to be the embodiment of all his principles of decorative art.
- Representative art languishes, except a few childish terra-cottas; decorative art becomes once more purely geometrical, but shows only slight affinity with the contemporary geometrical art of the Aegean.
- C. Haddon, Decorative Art of British New Guinea (Dublin, 1894).
- The brown ones show the decorative art at its best, and they are moreover in perfect condition, they look like nearly new.
- The large ground floor windows contain a decorative art deco frieze of the most stylistic proportions.Advertisement
- I design and make felted fabric using natural fibers, and use the felt to create functional as well as decorative art pieces.
- The term ' Decorative Art ' is used in its broadest sense.
- The work was done too soon and too fast, the colours began to fade at once, and are now barely decipherable; but the broken designs, so long as any vestige remains, will always be interesting as a relic of an important aesthetic movement and as the first attempt on Morris's part towards decorative art (see Rossetti).
- At the same time it cannot be denied that the "aesthetic" movement, in the aspect fundamentally represented by the school of William Morris and Rossetti, had a permanent influence on English decorative art.
- It is reflective of the Roaring Twenties and is a purely decorative art form.Advertisement
- Company logos, symbols, cartoons, and decorative art make ideal low resolution graphics.