Decimal-system sentence example
- A decimal system of numeration was used, with numbers going up to io,000.
- He was one of the first members, and became president of the Bureau of Longitudes, took a prominent place at the Institute (founded in 1796), professed analysis at the Ecole Normale, and aided in the organization of the decimal system.
- The first national coinage was begun in 1822, and the decimal system was adopted in 1863.
- To him are due the introduction of the decimal system of currency and the adoption of a system of protection to Canadian manufactures.
- In 1782 he prepared an elaborate report on the coinage, suggesting the use of the decimal system and of the terms dollar and cent.Advertisement
- It is remarkable how near this early decimal system of Germany and Britain is the double of the modern decimal metric system.
- The coinage of Mexico, now concentrated at the mint in the capital (all others having been closed) is based (since November 28, 1867) on the decimal system - the peso being divided into 100 centavos - and consists of gold, silver, nickel and bronze coins, whose weight and fineness are determined by the monetary law of 1904.
- Since 1871 the decimal system of coinage, corresponding to that of the United States, has been the only one employed.
- The French decimal system is in use for weights and measures, together with Turkish standards.
- When we turn to the social divisions we find in Domesday and other documents classes of society in these districts bearing purely Norse names, dreng, karl, karlman, bonde, thrall, lysing, hold; in the system of taxation we have an assessment by carucates and not by hides and virgates, and the duodecimal rather than the decimal system of reckoning.Advertisement
- £150,000 989,000 291,000 367,000.13,516,000 192,000.2,300,000 3,767,000 In 1875 Servia adopted the decimal system for money, weights and measures, which came into actual use in 1883.
- The nonfiction section of the library is ordered by the Dewey Decimal System.