Decatur sentence example
- The Confederates now abandoned all idea of regaining the Decatur line, and based themselves on Jonesboro' and the Macon railway.
- Decatur was subsequently engaged in all the attacks on Tripoli between 1804 and 1805.
- In an attempt to break out in February 1815 Decatur's flagship the "President" was cut off and after a spirited fight forced to surrender to a superior force.
- See Mackenzie, Life of Decatur (Boston, 1846).
- The main armies quickly regained contact, each edging away northwestwards towards the Tennessee and coming into contact at Gaylesville, Alabama, and again at Decatur.Advertisement
- South of the Cotton Belt is the Lime Sink Region, which includes Miller, Baker, Mitchell, Colquitt and Worth counties, the northern portions of Decatur, Grady, Thomas, Brooks and Lowndes, the eastern parts of Dooly and Lee, and the eastern portions of Berrien, Irwin, Wilcox, Dodge, and some parts of Burke, Screven and Bulloch.
- When it began two small squadrons were getting ready for sea at New York; the frigate "President" (44) and sloop "Hornet" (18), under Commodore John Rodgers, who had also the general command; and the frigates "United States" (44) and "Congress" (38), with the brig "Argus" (16) to which two guns were afterwards added, under Captain Stephen Decatur.
- On the 8th of October Rodgers and Decatur sailed - the first on a cruise to the east, the second to the south.
- Commodore Rodgers met with no marked success, but on the 25th of October Captain Decatur in the "United States" captured the British frigate "Macedonian" (38), which he carried back to port.
- They were also much engaged in seeking for the American cruisers under Rodgers, Decatur and Bainbridge.Advertisement
- In March 1830 his father emigrated to Macon county, Illinois (near the present Decatur), and soon afterward removed to Coles county.
- The Illinois State Convention of the Republican party, held at Decatur on the 9th and 10th of May 1860, amid great enthusiasm declared Abraham Lincoln its first choice for the presidential nomination, and instructed the delegation to the National Convention to cast the vote of the state as a unit for him.
- According to a deposition which he made in January 1807 he was approached by Aaron Burr, who attempted to enlist him in his "conspiracy," and wished him to win over the marine corps and to sound Preble and Decatur.
- Our customers auto insurance Decatur Illinois is he continues.
- In 1856 Bloomington was the meeting place of a state convention called by the Illinois editors who were opposed to the Kansas-Nebraska Bill (see Decatur).Advertisement
- Soon thereafter, Decatur and Enterprize participated in hot shore bombardment and gunboat actions, ably led by Commo.
- Decatur Yoga and Pilates is located at 431 West Ponce de Leon Ave in Decatur, and the phone number is (404) 377-4899.
- Some of stories involve Abraham Lincoln and his haunting of the White House, Stephen Decatur haunting the streets of Washington, and The Flying Dutchman ship.