Decameron sentence example
- They belong to that species of literature of which Boccaccio's Decameron and the queen of Navarre's Heptameron are, perhaps, the best known examples.
- See also Dibdin's Bibliographical Decameron (1817), i.
- The Heptameron, constructed, as its name indicates, on the lines of the Decameron of Boccaccio, consists of seventy-two short stories told to each other by a company of ladies and gentlemen who are stopped in the journey homewards from Cauterets by the swelling of a river.
- Bandello's novels are esteemed the best of those written in imitation of the Decameron, though Italian critics find fault with them for negligence and inelegance of style.
- The Divine Comedy, the Canzoniere and the Decameron were works of monumental art, deriving neither form nor inspiration immediately from the classic's, but applying the originality of Italian genius Petrarch to matter drawn from previous medieval sources.Advertisement
- The Canzoniere and the Decameron distinguish themselves from medieval literature, not by any return to classical precedents, but by free self-conscious handling of human nature.
- The language of the Canzoniere and Decameron was abandoned for revived Latin and discovered Greek.
- Was royal Decameron club Caribbean all inclusive good featuring the back of.
- Cruise authority at pulled away and victor royal Decameron club caribbean all inclusive davis hanson.
- folk-rock band Decameron, he has recorded many solo albums.Advertisement
- His last piece of all, Decameron physiologicum (E.W.