Debouching sentence example
- In other cases the epithem may be absent altogether, the tracheal strand debouching directly on the lacunae of the mesophyll.
- Bagdad also lies on a natural line of communication between Persia and the west, the ancient caravan route from Khorasan debouching from the mountains at this point, while another natural caravan route led up the Euphrates to Syria and the Mediterranean and still another up the Tigris to Armenia and the Black Sea.
- This would have initially the difficult task of debouching from the narrow front of the Morava valley, while the sole remaining unit of the II.
- On the north side of Thessaly there was an important pass from Petra in Pieria by the western side of Olympus, debouching on the plain northward of Larissa; it was by this that Xerxes entered, and we learn from Herodotus (vii.
- The Rewa, debouching through a wide delta at the south-east of Viti Levu, is navigable for small vessels for 40 m.Advertisement
- The glens debouching on the lake are Fyne, Shira, Aray, Kinglas and Hell's Glen.
- Davout's troops, in whose charge were the prisoners, were crossing the Crimean bridge and some were already debouching into the Kaluga road.