Debase sentence example
- His need of money led him to debase the currency eighty-one times between 1350 and 1355.
- If heroes could so debase themselves, can we wonder if men who were not heroes lent themselves to every sort of villainy ?
- Although his resources had been so completely drained that he had been forced to melt the silver in his palaces and to debase the coinage, his energy soon brought back the national prosperity.
- His chief financial expedient was to debase, or rather ruin, the currency by issuing copper tokens redeemable in better times; but it was no fault of his that Charles XII., during his absence, flung upon the market too enormous an amount of this copper money for Gertz to deal with.
- Of course I did not debase myself by peeping into the letter.Advertisement
- Do n't debase the asylum debate Leader: New Labor must counter racist lies.
- debase aspect causes intense emotional and sexual involvements, and sometimes this can be with very debasing influences.