Death warrant sentence example
- Israel, on the other hand, had signed its death-warrant by the institution of calf-cult, a cult which, however, was scarcely recognized as contrary to the worship of Yahweh before the denunciations of Hosea.
- He signed the death warrant.
- the 19th of July the Assembly threw out the proposal for revision, thus signing its own death-warrant, and the coup d'etat was resolved upon.
- His brother, Colonel Robert Lilburne, was among those who signed the death-warrant of Charles I.
- In 1661, the judges who had signed the death warrant of Charles I of England were pursued by Charles II.Advertisement
- In October 1984 Sinclair Research unwittingly signed its own death warrant.
- so merciful he wept to put his name To the death warrant of two thieves.
- satirical cartoons of Mohammed will get you a death warrant.
- She rejected with resolute dignity the intercession of French envoys for the life of the queen-dowager of France; she allowed the sentence of death to be proclaimed and welcomed with bonfires and bellringing throughout the length of England; she yielded a respite of twelve days to the pleading of the French ambassador, and had a charge trumped up against him of participation in a conspiracy against her life; at length, on the 1st of February 1587, she signed the death-warrant, and then made her secretaries write word to Paulet of her displeasure that in all this time he should not of himself have found out some way to shorten the life of his prisoner, as in duty bound by his oath, and thus relieve her singularly tender conscience from the guilt of bloodshed.
- Drawing satirical cartoons of Mohammed will get you a death warrant.Advertisement