Death-valley sentence example
- Southward the altitude falls, Death valley and Coahuila valley being in part below the level of the sea.
- from the lake is Death Valley (including Lost or Mesquite Valley) - the name a reminder of the fate of a party of " forty-niners " who perished here, by thirst or by starvation and exposure.
- At any rate it may be said that generally speaking the maximum, minimum and mean temperatures of points of approximately equal altitude are respectively but slightly different in northern or southern California.2 Death Valley surpasses for combined heat and aridity any meteorological stations on earth where regular observations are taken, although for extremes of heat it is exceeded by places in the Colorado desert.
- More than nine-tenths of the borax product of the country comes from about Death Valley.
- Colville, " Botany of Death Valley Expedition "; State Board of Fish Commissioners, Reports, from 1887; United States Fish Commissioners, Annual Reports, from 1871, and Bulletins from 1882; J.Advertisement
- Virtually all other Borax mining operations stopped when this mine opened, including the main source of Borax at the time in Death Valley.
- intense desert heat, except for arriving a week early to the Death Valley start area.
- There's the heat and sun of Death Valley that is unsuitable for lizards, much less Syrah vines.
- In the evening, you'll be guided by Patricia Walden on the golden sands of Death Valley.