Death-toll sentence example
- At the time of writing, the death toll from the assault on the city remains unknown.
- In the 1918-19 Spanish flu pandemic, the death toll reached a staggering 20 to 40 million worldwide.
- The reason for the death toll in the UK is our huge stock of poorly heated, energy inefficient homes.
- Following the weekend 's horrific death toll in Israel, Christian Aid calls for an immediate halt to the violence by both sides.
- The annual death toll attributable to influenza and its complications averages 20,000 in the United States alone.Advertisement
- UN and human rights groups put the death toll at upwards of 100,000; poisonous gas was used against scores of Kurdish villages.
- hedgehogs on the Uists, with the death toll now at 535.
- Cancer Research UK publishes statistics New statistics reveal the extent of the death toll caused by smoking in Scotland in the last half century.
- Average fatalities per month Graph 1 plots the average death toll per month during the second intifada.