Death-sentences sentence example
- A definite issue was therefore sought by the congress on which to join battle, and it arose out of the death sentences which had been pronounced on certain naval and military officers who had been implicated in the Santa Fe outbreak.
- 1915 at Banjaluka 151 prominent Bosnian Serbs - including 5 deputies and 20 orthodox priests - were put on trial for treason: and eventually 16 death sentences were passed, and terms of imprisonment totalling 858 years and a collective fine of 14 million crowns, were passed.
- Before 22 Prairial the Revolutionary Tribunal had pronounced 1220 death-sentences in thirteen months; during the forty-nine days between the passing of the law and the fall of Robespierre 1376 persons were condemned, including many innocent victims. The lists of prisoners to be sent before the tribunal were prepared by a popular commission sitting at the museum, and signed, after revision, by the Committee of General Security and the Committee of Public Safety jointly.
- The death sentences were, however, commuted to imprisonment for life, and Settembrini was sent to the dungeons of San Stefano.
- Ferreira and four companions were tried for murder and convicted, February 1907, the death sentences being commuted to terms of penal servitude.Advertisement
- The Revolutionary Tribunal had hitherto pronounced 1200 death sentences.
- Fifteen death sentences were carried out, all with the utmost brutality.