Death-sentence sentence example
- Killing one human, before my command, will bring a death sentence.
- he supported an appeal to the people, but voted for the death sentence.
- The political impotence of the prime minister was plainly evident in the military proceedings against Kramarz, in which Stiirgkh shook hands with the accused and gave evidence in his favour, but without being able to avert the death sentence passed by the military court, though he did at least prevent the execution of the sentence.
- Openly proclaiming his adhesion to Luther's doctrine, he was imprisoned for half a year (1520 or 1522) at Dillingen, by order of the bishop of Augsburg; a death sentence was commuted to banishment through the influence of Isabella, wife of Christian II.
- They stood by him when he took his seat on the tribunal; mounted guard before his house, against the wall of which they stood the fasces; summoned offenders before him, seized, bound and scourged them, and (in earlier times) carried out the death sentence.Advertisement
- Elected to the Convention by Pas-le-Calais, he associated himself with the Girondists, but strongly opposed the death sentence on the king.
- He was charged with murder for which there was a mandatory death sentence.
- death sentence.
- Or she may have jesses or leash attached which could spell a death sentence for her.
- mandatory death sentence?Advertisement
- pronounced a death sentence on John.
- retroactive effect in permitting the death sentence.
- The commutation of his death sentence had been due to some doubts as to his complete sanity, so atrocious was his conduct.
- No ' noble savage ' he, the tasks he prescribes for Jason amount to a death sentence.
- The International Committee against the death sentence is protesting against this sentence and demands the quashing of the sentence.Advertisement
- The Law of 1945 was clearly, it was held, intended to have a retroactive effect in permitting the death sentence.
- While medical advancements have made it possible to survive a number of cancers that would have been an immediate death sentence not many years ago, the process of treatment is very harsh and invasive.