Deaf-mute sentence example
- The deaf mute was also concealed in the Temple.
- A child was in fact delivered to her agents, but he was a deaf mute.
- The state charitable institutions - insane asylum, deaf-mute and blind institutes - and the penitentiary, are at Little Rock.
- PEREIRE [PEREIRA], GIACOBBO Rodriguez (1 715- 1780), one of the inventors of deaf-mute language, a member of a Spanish-Jewish family, was born at Estremadura, Spain, on the 11th of April 1715.
- deaf-mute nymphomaniac with huge breasts who owns a liquor store and a boat.Advertisement
- deaf-mute children acting out emotions.
- Cass," National Hall of Statuary, Washington; "Dr Gallaudet and his First Deaf-Mute Pupil," Washington; the colossal "Statue of the Republic," for the Columbian Exposition at Chicago; statues of Rufus Choate (Boston), John Harvard (Cambridge, Mass.), and Thomas Starr King (San Francisco, California), a memorial to the architect Richard M.
- Richemont's tale that the woman Simon, who was genuinely attached to him, smuggled him out in a basket, is simple and more credible, and does not necessarily invalidate the story of the subsequent operations with the deaf mute and the scrofulous patient, Laurent in that case being deceived from the beginning, but it renders them extremely unlikely.
- In 1837 Dr Howe went still further and brought the famous blind deaf-mute, Laura Bridgman (a.v.) to the school.
- The Columbia Institution for the Deaf and Dumb (see Deaf And Dumb), on Kendall Green, in the north-eastern part of the city, is composed of Kendall school (a secondary school) and of Gallaudet College (called in1864-1893the National Deaf Mute College; the present name is in honour of Dr T.Advertisement
- After Laura's education had progressed for two months with the use only of raised letters, Dr. Howe sent one of his teachers to learn the manual alphabet from a deaf-mute.
- deaf-mute man who witnesses say was hit by a bullet as he stood on the balcony of his home.