Dead-reckoning sentence example
- Once I entered the woods I had only dead reckoning to come out near my quarry.
- Amazing navigation " Do you mean to say you did it all on mere dead reckoning?
- On 14 December, by ' dead reckoning ', they were at the South Pole.
- A new second lieutenant must have mastered map reading and land navigation skills, and have an aptitude for dead reckoning and terrain association.
- Obviously brilliant dead reckoning navigation helped considerably by the coming of dawn !Advertisement
- The number of places whose position had been determined by astronomical observation was as yet very small, and the map had thus to be compiled mainly from itineraries furnished by travellers or the dead reckoning of seamen.
- II.), by means of which Assyrian chronology is fixed from 911 B.C. to 666 B.C., the solar eclipse of June 15th, 763 B.C., which is recorded in the eponymy of Pur-Sagale, placing the dead reckoning for these later periods upon an absolutely certain basis.
- The difference between the position as determined astronomically and by dead-reckoning gives an excellent idea of the general direction and velocity of the surface currents.