Dead-men sentence example
- the Osiris Apis, just as dead men were assimilated to Osiris, the king of the underworld.
- As there can be no doubt that the ghosts of dead men have been worshipped in many lands, and as the gods of many faiths are tricked out with attributes derived from ancestor-worship, the system of Euemerus retains some measure of plausibility.
- We may therefore say that, while it is rather absurd to believe that Zeus and Tsui-Goab were once real men, yet their myths are such as would be developed by people accustomed, among other forms of religion, to the worship of dead men.
- He was convinced (like Caxton in his Destruction of Troy, and like St Augustine) that the heathen gods were only dead men worshipped.
- Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise.Advertisement
- Among the limbers lay several dead men.