Dead-meat sentence example
- He was furious, but he knew he was dead meat.
- Fitzgerald is dead meat.
- Why was it that anything dead was dead meat to a man?
- The column for all dead meat includes not only the items tabulated, but also [[Table Xv]].-Quantities of Dead Meat imported into the United Kingdom, 1891-1905-Thousands of Cwt.
- An increase in live cattle accompanied a decrease in live sheep and pigs, but the imports of dead meat expanded fifteen-fold over the period.Advertisement
- This arrangement makes no difference to the food-supply of the people, for dead meat continues to arrive at British ports in ever-increasing quantity.
- The trade in live sheep and swine, which was formerly important, has mostly been converted into a dead-meat trade.
- There are also extensive lairages for live-stock, and cold storage for dead meat.
- lazes in acacia shade, flicking flies off its wild yellow body, pride won't eat dead meat.
- The quantities of dead meat imported increased with great rapidity from 1891 to 1905, a circumstance largely due to the rise of the trade in chilled and frozen meat.Advertisement
- Well, if 10,000 of them hit the market next month, and they're trading at 55 or 60 cents on the dollar, you're dead meat.