Dead-beat sentence example
- - Round Dial Voltmeter of Kelvin Siphon Recorder, dead beat moving coil type, with front removed.
- The Galitzin seismograph, devised by Prince Galitzin, is of the same type, but it essentially differs from the Milne instrument in having its pendulum dead-beat; this is brought about by an electromagnetic device.
- The currents induced in the coil are led to a dead-beat D'Arsonval galvanometer having the same natural period of vibration as the pendulum.
- The resistance offered by the air to a needle of such light construction suffices to render the motion nearly dead-beat.
- The loop and mirror move in a cavity full of oil to render the system dead-beat.Advertisement
- The movement has a dead beat escapement with a duration of 8 days, made about 1900 - 1910 as a factory clock originally.
- It had a modified form of the anchor escapement called the ' dead beat ' escapement called the ' dead beat ' escapement.
- The clock has a " dead-beat escapement " which would make it unusually accurate for a long-case clock.
- On the other hand, hot-wire instruments are very " dead-beat," that is to say, the needle does not move much for the small fluctuations in the current, and this quality is generally increased by affixing to the index needle a small copper plate which is made to move in a strong magnetic field (see fig.