Dbs sentence example
- The minimum intensity level at which a neonate responds to sound is 25 dBs.
- This minimum level gradually decreases through infancy and at 36 months most children respond to sound intensities of less than 10 dBs.
- It is simpler than ABR, and it can be used to screen infants for severe hearing losses, since if hearing loss of greater than 40 dBs exist, no emission will be recorded.
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is a way to inactivate the parts of the brain thought to cause overactivity or tremor in certain muscles, without destroying a part of the brain.
- During the DBS procedure, an electrode placed in a precise area of the brain delivers small, electrical shocks to interrupt the abnormal brain activity that leads to symptoms.Advertisement