Day of judgment sentence example
day of judgment
- P'tahil had now lost his power over men, and was driven by his father out of the world of light into a place beneath it, whence he shall at the day of judgment be raised, and after receiving baptism be made king of the `Uthre with divine honours.
- The Hereford map is surmounted by a picture of the Day of Judgment.
- The legend is that they are the souls of unbaptized children wandering through the air till the day of judgment.
- As a day of judgment it is accompanied by terrible convulsions of nature (not to be taken figuratively, but probably intended literally by the prophets in accordance with their view of the absolute subordination of nature to the divine purpose for man).
- (2) Praise be [literally " is "] to God, the Lord of the worlds, (3) the compassionate compassioner, (4) the Sovereign of the day of judgment.Advertisement
- 3) is treated (a) ethically, as a day of judgment upon sin and pride (Amos v.
- Opening with a vision of Eve in Paradise which eclipses Milton's in beauty no less than in sublimity - a dream of the mother of mankind at the hour when she knew the first sense of dawning motherhood, it closes with a vision of the trumpet to be sounded on the day of judgment which transcends the imagination of Dante by right of a realized idea which was utterly impossible of conception to a believer in Dante's creed: the idea of real and final equity; the concept of absolute and abstract righteousness.
- Oh, what a joy it will be to be found blameless in the day of judgment!
- To them he is the only powerful intercessor on the day of judgment.
- They find the idea of a Day of Judgment almost laughable.Advertisement