Dawned-on sentence example
- Morning dawned on about three inches of snowfall and it was still coming down.
- That hadn't dawned on me.
- Something important just dawned on me.
- It dawned on him that she must have been watching while he appraised the redhead.
- Dean was halfway out to 156 Maid Marian Lane before it dawned on him he'd neglected to pick up his just-in-case change of clothes.Advertisement
- Then it dawned on me that you lied.
- It dawned on him he really hadn't seen much of Damian at all since the ceremony.
- (I) During his enforced absence from Athens he had evidently acquired a far more extended idea of the future of Athens than had hitherto dawned on the somewhat parochial minds of her leaders.
- The same century was not ended before the prospect of liberty dawned on the Jews.
- But on the r 5th the critical nature of the situation dawned on them, and naturally on Blucher first, as his headquarters were nearer to the frontier than Wellington's, and Blucher had had previous experience of Napoleon's powers.Advertisement
- A new era dawned on botanical classification with the work of Antoine Laurent de Jussieu (1748-1836).
- Even Buddhism - originally destitute of ceremonial - has adopted the pilgrimage; and the secondary tradition makes Buddha himself determine its goals: the place where he was born, where he first preached, where the highest insight dawned on him, and where he sank into Nirvana.
- The significance of the Copernican system, as the total overthrow of the traditional conception of the universe, dawned on all educated men.
- His own last year, 478 B.C., dawned on him with the tragic end of his next beloved disciple, Tze-lu.
- He was beginning to doubt his superlative detecting skills when it dawned on him that she might be using a maiden name.Advertisement
- It finally dawned on me that there was absolutely no rational justification for believing those stories in the Bible.
- It dawned on strategist banc of you should feel.
- It dawned on both of them at the same time but it was Cynthia who said it.