Davos sentence example
- But the condition of his health continued to be very alarming, and they went almost immediately to Davos, where he remained until the spring of 1881.
- He spent the summer months in Scotland, writing articles, poems, and above all his first romance, The Sea-Cook, afterwards known as Treasure Island; but he was driven back to Davos in October.
- His two winters at Davos had done him some good, but his summers in Scotland invariably undid the benefit.
- 9,869 Passo della Duana (Avers Valley to the Val Bregaglia), snow 9,187 Sertig Pass (Davos to Scanfs), foot path.
- 8,770 Ducan Pass (Davos to Bergun), foot path.Advertisement
- 8,724 Forcella di Lunghino (Maloja to the Septimer Pass), foot path 8,645 Scaletta Pass (Davos to Scanfs), bridle path..
- 8,478 Grialetsch Pass (Davos to Sus), foot path..
- 8,353 Fluela Pass (Davos to Sus), carriage road..
- 7,838 Strela Pass (Davos to Langwies), bridle path.
- The best-known Alpine health resorts are St Moritz and Davos, to which lately Grindelwald has been added.Advertisement
- St Moritz is, upon the whole, better for less advanced cases, while Davos is more sheltered and better for cases which are severe.
- Instead of the close protection from the outer air, the respirators, and the fancy diets of our fathers, the modern poitrinaire camps out in the open air in all weathers, is fed with solid food, and in his exercise and otherwise is ruled with minute particularity according to the indications of the clinical thermometer and other symptoms. The almost reckless reliance on climate, which, at Davos for instance, marked the transition from the older to the modern methods, has of late been sobered, and supplemented by more systematic attention to all that concerns the mode of life of the invalid.