Davis strait sentence example
- The second, the Irminger stream, passes up the west side of Iceland; and the third goes up the Greenland side of Davis Strait to Baffin Bay.
- These branches are separated from one another at the surface by currents moving southwards: one passes east of Iceland; the second, the Greenland current, skirts the east coast of Greenland; and the third, the Labrador current already mentioned, follows the western side of Davis Strait.
- On the west Davis Strait and Baffin Bay separate it from Baffin Land.
- A similar submarine ridge unites it with the Cumberland Peninsula of Baffin Land, across Davis Strait.
- Watch for them near Davis Strait ... Watch for them in Libya and in Egypt, in Ankara and in Syria...in the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf."Advertisement