Daventry sentence example
- But his aunt was anxious for him to be a minister, as he himself desired, and therefore in 1752, when his health had improved, he went to Daventry to attend the Nonconformist academy formerly carried on by Dr P. Doddridge at Northampton.
- The only place of this name we know is Daventry, but it seems more probable that Patrick's home is to be sought near the Severn, and Rhys conjectures that one of the three places called Banwen in Glamorganshire may be intended.
- Daventry >>
- DAVENTRY, a market town and municipal borough in the Southern parliamentary division of Northamptonshire, England, 14 m.
- According to tradition, Daventry was created a borough by King John, but there is no extant charter before that of Elizabeth in 1576, by which the town was incorporated under the name of the bailiff, burgesses and commonalty of the borough of Daventry.Advertisement
- During the civil wars Daventry was the headquarters of Charles I.
- Would you join a protest march being planned by the Opposition Church Fields group against 4,000 new homes proposed near Daventry Country Park?
- protest march being planned by the Opposition Church Fields group against 4,000 new homes proposed near Daventry Country Park?
- Is a DIY superstore the right choice to boost town center trade in Daventry?
- A list of questions were sent out to addresses in the Welton Parish asking villagers about the proposed new housing developments for Daventry.Advertisement