Daubed sentence example
- If it is, they mark it (or it's automatically daubed if ' auto daub ' is selected ).
- Several hundred were roughly daubed with paint, of various colors, and each was then impaled on a pin.
- She grabbed a towel and daubed water and gravy from her shirt and the counter top.
- She daubed her eyes with a tissue and swallowed a sob - if she could speak the words.
- Now he suddenly saw those badly daubed pictures in clear daylight and without a glass.Advertisement
- It would signify somewhat, if, in any earnest sense, he slanted them and daubed it; but the spirit having departed out of the tenant, it is of a piece with constructing his own coffin--the architecture of the grave--and "carpenter" is but another name for "coffin-maker."
- Both men and women avoided washing, but there was something of the nature of a vapour bath, with which Herodotus has confused a custom of using the smoke of hemp as a narcotic. The women daubed themselves with a kind of cosmetic paste.
- The walls were formed either of stout planks laid together vertically or horizontally, or else of posts at a short distance from one another, the interstices being filled up with wattlework daubed with clay.