Dasyures sentence example
- It may be added that there are some marsupials, such as the wombat, koala, marsupial ant-eater and the dasyures, FIG.
- Of more interest is the imperfectly known Wynyardia, from older Tertiary beds in Tasmania, which apparently presents points of affinity both to phalangers and dasyures.
- The next genus is represented solely by the Tasmanian devil, Sarcophilus (or Diabolus) ursinus, a medium-sized animal with a dental formula similar to that of the dasyures, but with teeth (fig.
- In the "native cats," or dasyures, constituting the genus Dasyurus, the dental formula is i.
- The genus Phascologale comprises a number of small marsupials, none exceeding a rat in size, differing from the dasyures in possessing an additional premolar - the dentition being i.Advertisement