Dass sentence example
- Petter Dass was born in 1647 on the island of Nord Hero, on the north coast of Norway.
- The rule of Alstahoug extended over all the neighbouring districts, including Dass's native island of Hero, and its privileges were accompanied by great perils, for it was necessary to be constantly crossing stormy firths of sea.
- Dass lived here in quietude, with something of the honours and responsibilities of a bishop, brought up his family in a God-fearing way, and wrote endless reams of verses.
- In 1700 he asked leave to resign his living in favour of his son Anders Dass, but this was not permitted; in 1704, however, Anders became his father's chaplain.
- The other poems of Petter Dass are less universally read; they abound, however, in queer turns of thought, and fine homely fancies.Advertisement
- For men, there is no choice more comfortable than the Be Love Now tee, which features artwork reminiscent of Baba Ram Dass's spiritual journey, told in his book by the same name.