Darter sentence example
- Associated with these remains there have been found those of many other birds, including a hawk, a duck, a darter, a spoonbill, a heron, a rail and a wild-goose, some of these being much larger than any now inhabiting Madagascar.
- Female Common Darter It was humid under scattered cumulus early on the 2nd but by mid-morning there was a welcome, freshening southerly breeze.
- Skylarks sing and dragonflies are plentiful too, including the black darter.
- The majority of the dragonfly species recorded in London, including the emerald damselfly and the ruddy darter, also favor this habitat.
- Seen in all suitable areas African darter -- Up to 10 on all visits to Abuko White pelican -- 1-2 on three dates.Advertisement
- oriental darter Anhinga melanogaster KR, DV Frigatebird sp.
- A red-veined darter was seen on the edge of the quarry in June 2005.
- darter dragonfly.
- Species ranging from the common darter to the golden-ringed dragonfly can be seen at Bedgebury.
- A red dragonfly, a darter, zooms around over the pond then rests in the sun on an iris leaf.Advertisement
- On the way back, called at Porthellick and had a red darter dragonfly.
- ruddy darter, also favor this habitat.
- white-faced darter dragonfly.
- (From the original in the Museum of Zoology of the University of Cambridge.) parrot, of ducks, pigeons, rails, herons, geese and of a dwarf darter, Plotus nanus, all sub-fossil, now extinct.
- The green hairstreak butterfly can frequently be seen here and also the rare white-faced darter dragonfly.Advertisement