Darner sentence example
- till its junction at Ed Darner with the Nile.
- It was the capital of the mudiria until 1905, in which year the headquarters of the province were transferred to Ed Darner, a town near the confluence of the Nile and Atbara.
- In 1862 he broke up his school, and removed to the rectory of Winterborne Came, to which he was presented by his old friend, Captain Seymour Dawson Darner.
- He occupied Abu Klea wells and Metemma; recalled the amir Ibrahim Khalil, with 4000 men, from the Ghezira; brought to Omdurman thc army of the west under Mahmudsome 10,000 men; entrusted the line of the AtbaraEd Darner, Adarama, Asubri and El Fasherto Osman Digna; constructed defences in the Shabluka gorge; and personally superintended the organization and drill of the forces gathered at Orndurman, and the collection of vast stores of food and supplies of camels for offensive expeditions.
- above Ed Darner, on the 8th of April 1898, between the khalifa's forces under Mahmud and Sir Herbert (afterwards Lord) Kitchener's Anglo-Egyptian army, resulted in the complete defeat of the Mandists and the capture of their leader, and paved the way for the decisive battle of Omdurman on the 2nd of September following (see EGYPT: Military Operations).Advertisement