Dark blue sentence example
- On the Pocono plateau is a large deposit of a finegrained dark-blue stone of the Devonian formation which is known as the Wyoming Valley stone, and, like the New York " bluestone," which it closely resembles, is much used for window and door trimmings, steps and flagging.
- With ferric chloride it gives a dark-blue precipitate of a-dinaphthol, HO C10H6 C10H6.
- As with the antelope, the male alone has the dark-blue colour.
- Natesa (Hindu Feasts, Fasts and Ceremonies)," the several forms of the god Siva in these sacred shrines are considered to be the bodies or casements of the soul whose ' Siva is said to have first appeared in the beginning of the present age as Sveta, the White, for the purpose of benefiting the Brahmans, and he is invariably painted white; whilst Vishnu, when pictured, is always of a dark-blue colour.
- Fritzsche showed that by treating indigo with caustic potash it yielded an oil, which he named aniline, from the specific name of one of the indigo-yielding plants, Indigofera anil, anil being derived from the Sanskrit nila, dark-blue, and nila, the indigo plant.Advertisement
- Bezukhov, now, is blue, dark-blue and red, and he is square.
- He is fine, dark-blue and red....
- She was wearing a dark-blue house dress in which Prince Andrew thought her even prettier than in her ball dress.
- He wore a fine, dark-blue, silk-lined cloth coat over a sheepskin.
- The uniforms were sewn from a dark-blue cotton duck material.Advertisement