Dark age sentence example
- All these works are emphatically of "dark-age" character; very seldom do they suggest the true forms of countries, seas, rivers or mountains, but they embody some useful information as to early medieval conditions and history.
- Meanwhile, during the " dark age " of secular learning at Constantinople (641-850), the light of Greek learning had spread eastwards to Syria and Arabia.
- That was the dark age.
- In short, the dark age was a reality; but the traditional "middle ages" are a myth.
- Their chief value to us lies in their having preserved versions of several French poems now lost, and in their evidence as to the feelings and bent of Icelanders in the " Dark Age " of the island's history.Advertisement
- Other role playing games that allow players to vie against others online include Diablo II and Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars Galaxies, Asheron's Call and Dark Age of Camelot.
- At the beginning of season eight, Daniel Jackson and Vala interact with an Ancient device that transferred their consciousness to a distant galaxy where humans lived in a dark age situation worshipping the god-like Ori.
- He'd known love and trust only in the earliest stage of his life, when he had a family before he entered the dark age of his people.
- The period from the early part of the 14th century to the opening of the 17th is generally regarded as the dark age of Japanese literature.
- The so-called dark age of Japanese literature was not entirely unproductive: it gave the drama (No) to Japan.Advertisement
- Bengel (better known as a commentator), Zinzendorf, Butler and the Erskines helped to redeem the time from the reproach of being the dark age of Protestantism.