Darius i sentence example
- The fraud was short-lived, and Darius I.
- - lxvi.; Malachi), but a consecutive sketch is impossible.4 1 Thus a decree of Darius I.
- In former times the assertion often was, and even now is often put forward, that Vishtaspa was one and the same person with the historical Hystaspes, father of Darius I.
- Before his execution his nose and ears were cut off, according to the Persian custom; we learn from the Behistun inscription that Darius I.
- From the time of the XXVth Dynasty there is a great increase in written documents of a legal character, sales, loans, &c., apparently due to a change in law and custom; but after the reign of Darius I.Advertisement
- Darius I.
- The next clue towards determining the period of Zoroaster is, that Darius I.
- The actual capital of the empire was therefore Susa, where Darius I.
- 530, Dittenberger, Sylloge 2~ SO, also, on co,ins)a clear proof that the Persians had already begun to recognize the independent and important position of Greek civilization.i Darius I.
- DARIUS I.Advertisement
- Under the tombs of Darius I.
- from the city in a mountain gorge of Mount Elvend is the so-called Ganjnama (treasure-deed), which consists of two tablets with trilingual cuneiform inscriptions cut into the rock and relating the names and titles of Darius I.