Daniell-cell sentence example
- in diameter, to a total resistance of zoo ohms. The actual current required to work the instrument is 3.3 milliamperes (equivalent approximately to the current given by 1 Daniell cell through 3300 ohms), but in practice a current of to milliamperes is allowed.
- Thus in the Daniell cell the dissolution of copper as well as of zinc would increase the loss in available energy.
- Considered thermodynamically, voltaic cells must be divided into reversible and non-reversible systems. If the slow processes of diffusion be ignored, the Daniell cell already described may be taken as a type of a reversible cell.
- Other voltaic standards of electromotive force are in use, such as the Weston cadmium cell, the Helmholtz calomel cell, and the standard Daniell cell.
- In cases when great accuracy is not required, a Daniell cell can be used as a standard of electromotive force.Advertisement
- long, the initial source of electrification being a single Daniell cell.
- His name is best known for his invention of the Daniell cell (Phil.