Danae sentence example
- DANAE, in Greek legend, daughter of Acrisius, king of Argos.
- Her father, having been warned by an oracle that she would bear a son by whom he would be slain, confined Danae in a brazen tower.
- His brother Polydectes, who was king of the island, fell in love with Danae and married her.
- According to another story, her son Perseus, on his return with the head of Medusa, finding his mother persecuted by Polydectes, turned him into stone, and took Danae back with him to Argos.
- Danae formed the subject of tragedies by Aeschylus, Sophocles, Euripides, Livius Andronicus and Naevius.Advertisement
- It was founded, according to legend, either by a son of Odysseus and Circe, or by Danae, the mother of Perseus.
- Its creator, Danae Shell took some time from her busy schedule to tell us about it, give us some advice and a peek at the current lingerie trends.