Damsons sentence example
- On the upland fruit farms, although apples, pears, medlars, cherries, plums, peaches, apricots and melons thrive, the chief attention is given to damsons, from which is extracted a mild spirit (tsuica), highly esteemed throughout Rumania.
- damsons on the nose and on the palate.
- Huge nose, lovely ripe damsons, cherries, red currants and soft plums on the palate, nice spice and length.
- They filled the gap from the autumn brambles and damsons to the early rhubarb in spring and cooking varieties were the most valued.
- Nevertheless, the Romans cultivated large numbers of plums. The cultivated forms are extremely numerous, some of the groups, such as the greengages, the damsons, and the egg plums being very distinct, and sometimes reproducing themselves from seed.Advertisement
- Turn the pudding out of its mold and serve hot, accompanied by the cinnamon custard and the remaining stewed damsons.
- It grows to about 15 feet high and the fruits it bears are known as wild damsons.