Damsels sentence example
- These fair damsels play, however, yet another part, and one far from complimentary to the dignity of the gods.
- In it you play the part of a journalist living in 1930s England as he solves mysteries and rescues damsels in distress.
- Here are a few to challenge you: wold aspens imbowers shallop flitteth churls damsels ambling greaves baldric Find some others for yourself.
- In this case, the ogre is the hero, the handsome prince is evil, and a group of damsels in distress discover they can take care of themselves, with too many witty takeoffs on other fairy tale assumptions along the way to mention.
- Two young damsels round it off: one a ferociously boiling Italian; next, a tough English prisoner in a tower.Advertisement
- By day they would hunt deer and rescue damsels in distress Then they would drink splendid wine to recover from the stress.
- Immediately his eye fell on one of the fairy damsels, whose beauty was beyond anything he had ever seen in a human being.
- rescues damsels in distress.
- shallop flitteth churls damsels ambling greaves baldric Find some others for yourself.
- From the chaplain and his mistress and her damsels he learnt the rudiments of religion, of rectitude and of love, 3 from his master and his squires the elements of military exercise, to cast a spear or dart, to sustain a shield, and to march with the measured tread of a soldier; and from his master and his huntsmen and falconers the " mysteries of the woods and rivers," or in other words the rules and practices of hunting and hawking.Advertisement
- The dragon a mythical creature best known for its reptilian appearance and its curious habits of abducting damsels, hoarding treasure and breathing fire on hapless knights is one of the most popular designs in tattoos.
- 22 a noted, rides on purely chivalric ventures, such as aiding distressed damsels, seeking the Grail, &c. His expeditions are all more or less warlike.
- His style still gained in individuality, as in "Village Damsels" (1852), the "Wrestlers," "Bathers," and "A Girl Spinning" (1852).