Damping-off sentence example
- Pythium, which causes the damping off of seedlings, reducing them to a putrid mass in a few hours, and Phytophthora, the agent of the potato disease.
- Give auriculas and carnations abundance of air, but keep the roots rather dry to prevent damping off.
- Continue the forcing of roses, hyacinths, &c. Houses containing large-flowered Japanese chrysanthemums will require to be kept dry, airy and moderately warm to prevent " damping-off " of petals.
- Plant Houses, Frames, &c. - Carnations and picotees in pots must be kept rather dry to prevent damping off.
- Some forms cause damping off of seedlings - e.g.Advertisement
- Pythium sp., which causes damping-off, is a major problem in cucumber cultivation in Finland.