Dampers sentence example
- As a verb, the word means to stifle or check; hence damped vibrations or oscillations are those which have been reduced or stopped, instead of being allowed to die out naturally; the "dampers" of the piano are small pieces of feltcovered wood which fall upon the strings and stop their vibrations as the keys are allowed to rise; and the "damper" of a chimney or flue, by restricting the draught, lessens the rate of combustion.
- The amount of draft which is necessary to carry out the circulation of the gases and to draw in the adequate amount of air is regulated by dampers placed in the main flue.
- All these various changes in the opening of the valves and dampers are automatically performed in the proper order by means of a hand-wheel H, the shaft m resting on the standards t and shaft v.
- Further data are provided on basic elements, such as springs, dampers and rigid bodies.
- Good practice in the use of the layered treatments and tuned dampers is discussed and illustrated in particular cases.Advertisement
- Oil filled Koni telescopic dampers mount directly to plates located at the original damper mounting positions.
- Their solution was the fitting of one of their hydraulic dampers; model HB 28 to every trap door.
- Morris axles and brakes were used, special springs made, and racy Hartford friction dampers fitted at the rear.
- This involved changing from lever arm dampers with coil springs to telescopic dampers and torsion bars.
- To ensure smooth transmission of power while maintaining the desired direct power delivery feeling, the rear wheel uses iron rubber dampers.Advertisement
- The suspension is fully independent with coil springs, double wishbones and 6 hydraulic dampers.
- It is possible to conceive of any number of notes struck and sustained by the fingers as consisting of so many quasi-vocal parts; but when a series of single sounds is played and each sound continues to vibrate by means of a pedal which prevents the dampers from falling on the strings, then we are conscious that the sounds have been produced as from one part, and that they nevertheless combine to form a chord; and this is as remote from the spirit of polyphonic part-writing as modern English is from classical Greek.
- The long travel suspension arms are connected to independent oil-filled sprung dampers to soak up the bumps without affecting directional control.
- Engine acting as swingarm, coupled to frame by two linkages mounted on radial vibration dampers.