Dampening sentence example
- Dampening the brush makes the color more brilliant.
- Dampening the paper will make it more pliable and easier to emboss.
- Dampening the spoon with cold water prior to fluffing will help keep the rice from sticking to it.
- A covey of Fred's female acquaintances weekended to Vegas, dampening his social schedule so he spent his Saturday and Sunday downtime plotting election strategy.
- dampening down the immune system 's reaction to the liver.Advertisement
- If you have an innate ability to take rejection, learn from it and then push forward, you'll be able to tolerate the naysayers without it dampening your energy or enthusiasm.
- A rain fly or tarp is also necessary to prevent rain from dampening your gear and spirits.
- Wet-Folding: Creating origami figures with curved elements, created by dampening the paper.
- Because black pearls can contain hints of color, the diamond color is critical: poor color diamonds can appear dull and listless next to a pearl, subsequently dampening the overall design.
- In lithographic printing the surface of the stone, which is practically level, is protected by dampening against taking the ink except where the design requires.Advertisement
- Dampening her scarf, she closed her eyes and wiped most of the dust from her face.