Damning sentence example
- What would Darkyn do with such a damning secret?
- This is achieved; and Briinnhilde's horror and bewilderment at meeting Siegfried again as a stranger in his own shape creates a situation which Siegfried cannot understand, and which Hagen pretends to construe as damning evidence that Siegfried has betrayed Gunther's honour as well as Briinnhilde's.
- She waved back, wondering how the most damning of them all was also the only who seemed anywhere able to feel sympathy.
- The image of Taran's face flashed before her closed eyes, and with it a sense of frustration, fear, anger, and, most damning of all, desire.
- This is attested as a "true copy," but Moray, who had been present when Bowton was examined (December 8, 1567), knew that the copy presented at Westminster (December 1568) had been mutilated because the excised passages were damning to Lethington and the earl of Morton, accomplices in the crime of Darnley's murder, and accomplices of Moray in his prosecution of his sister.Advertisement
- William Godwin was educated for his father's profession at Hoxton Academy, where he was under Andrew Kippis the biographer and Dr Abraham Rees of the Cyclopaedia, and was at first more Calvinistic than his teachers, becoming a Sande manian, or follower of John Glas, whom he describes as "a celebrated north-country apostle who, after Calvin had damned ninety-nine in a hundred of mankind, has contrived a scheme for damning ninety-nine in a hundred of the followers of Calvin."
- The tribunal made damning criticisms of the way in which the Prison Service had handled the matter.
- The book was a damning critique of the courts martial system and the unjust manner in which men had been treated.
- Strong Poison When Mystery writer Harriet Vane is accused of the murder of her lover, the evidence seems pretty damning.
- It represents the inspectors ' rather damning findings, following research between August 1999 and January 2000.Advertisement
- Even war wobblers Clare Short and Robin Cook were run by the damning proof contained in the 50-page dossier.
- Or look at yon fallen woman drinking the dregs of her bitter, damning cup!
- All he says about their doctrine is it is damnable, or damning or destructive heresy.
- These figures are a damning indictment of the fairness of our society today.
- People have very preconceived ideas about cave diving - it's amazing how damning open-water divers can be about cave diving.Advertisement
- Have we all been victims of Trotskii's damning verdicts on Stalin?
- It is in keeping with the somewhat malicious saying about Fox reported by Tyndale that he would sacrifice his father to save his king, which after all is not so damning as Wolsey's dying words.