Damien sentence example
- On this occasion, however, though strongly drawn to the beautiful island, he stayed not longer than six weeks, and proceeded to Sydney, where, early in 1890, he published, in a blaze of righteous anger, his Father Damien: an Open Letter to the Rev. Dr Hyde of Honolulu, in vindication of the memory of Father Damien and his work among the lepers of the Pacific. At Sydney he was very ill again: it was now obvious that his only chance of health lay within the tropics.
- He was educated for a business career, but in his eighteenth year entered the Church, joining the Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Mary (also known as the Picpus Congregation), and taking Damien as his name in religion.
- Some ill-considered imputations upon Father Damien by a Presbyterian minister produced a memorable tract by Robert Louis Stevenson (An Open Letter to the Rev. Dr Hyde, 1890).
- The place became an asylum for lepers and the caring for them began to be a charity under government charge in 1866; but conditions here were at first unspeakably unhygienic, their improvement being largely due to Father Damien, who devoted himself to this work in 1873.
- The more conspicuous of these legends are included in the Mozarabic Breviary and Missal, and are given in the thirty-third sermon of Peter Damien, but the best-known story is that which is given in the Golden Legend of Jacopus de Voragine.Advertisement
- Damien Rice, Jack Johnston, I love Counting crows.
- Damien Rice, Jack Johnston, I love counting crows.
- Matt Davies, Damien Boyle and Ian and Gary Powell were the worthy victors.
- Paired with professional dancer Damien Whitewood, Anderson finished in sixth place.
- Hurley, whose son, Damien, was born during her relationship with film producer Steve Bing, dated actor Hugh Grant for more than 10 years.Advertisement
- Even Damien Fahey, host of MTV's TRL stated "If I were a betting man, I would definitely bet she was pregnant," after J-Lo stopped by the wildly popular show to promote her new CD Brave.
- Artwork has been stolen from the museum and all the evidence points to one of the painters, Damien Bestieu.
- However, a school teacher has evidence to the contrary, and just when she is about to divulge the truth, Damien hands her a cup of coffee.
- Take on the role of two school children who set out to prove Damien's innocence and save your teacher from her coma.
- Damien Wicks of Australia was the heaviest person to ever appear on The Biggest Loser.Advertisement