Dallied sentence example
- In an effort at normalcy, she broke the quiet as Martha dallied over the meal.
- We dallied over desert and Betsy was readying Molly for bed by the time I left.
- dallytria, a very conservative country, also dallied with it.
- dallys time we dallied where appropriate (many places) and I was astounded.
- Belisarius dallied with the proposal until he had obtained an entrance within the walls of the capital, and proclaimed his inviolable fidelity to Justinian.Advertisement
- There Julius Caesar dallied with Cleopatra in 47 B.C. and was mobbed by the rabble; there his example was followed by Antony, for whose favour the city paid dear to Octavian, who placed over it a prefect from the imperial household.
- "You folks can take off now if you want," Fred said, as he dallied over his breakfast.
- He dallied till the end of August, many weeks after the defeat, when the coming of Syracusan reinforcements decided him to depart; but on the 27th of that month was an eclipse of the moon, on the strength of which he insisted on a delay of almost another month.
- In place of advancing on Edinburgh, they dallied round Stirling castle in futile siege, and, on the news :of Cumberland's advance, alarmed by desertions which they appear to have greatly exaggerated, the chiefs compelled Charles to a fresh retreat.
- The Deans dallied over the dishes and then took a slow stroll around town, stopping at the Western Hotel a few blocks away.Advertisement