Dalliance sentence example
- It is not uncommon nowadays for teenagers to go quickly from one dalliance to another.
- Very rarely does a dalliance come to a happy end.
- My unhappy dalliance with the public school system has blessedly come to its end.
- It would be a tad harsh if a youthful dalliance were to disqualify you forever, wouldn't it?
- Believing their relationship to be merely a dalliance, I wasn't convinced when she mentioned marriage in their future.Advertisement
- It would take too long to recount every dalliance I have ever had.
- They were often expressions of amorous dalliance, votive images given by a knight to his lady in pledge of devotion.
- Because of their happy, married lives, Frank and Beth's work dalliance didn't last long.
- Kelsey's dalliance with the ambassador provided her special treatment from the government.
- I didn't hear about the supposed dalliance between Bill and Nancy until it was already over.Advertisement
- Its eminence, however, was so largely based upon dalliance with Roman society, its weakness so great in having only a mythical character, instead of a personality, as an object of adoration, and in excluding women from its privileges, that it fell rapidly before the assaults of Christianity.
- The five years (36-31 B.C.) which preceded the decisive encounter between the two rivals were wasted by Antony in fruitless campaigns, and in a dalliance with Cleopatra which shocked Roman sentiment.
- She had a dalliance with a stable boy, you are the product of that liaison.
- This structure survived a brief dalliance with earnings relation.
- Soon after, they share one final moment in bed together - a celebratory sexual dalliance to effectively sever all emotional ties.Advertisement
- An early dalliance with the Free Church ended abruptly over a dispute with one of the elders concerning evolution.